Irrigation Meter Agreement
By submitting this form, I am requesting an irrigation meter and understand that this water will not be returned back into the wastewater systems.
Below are some possible purposes of irrigation meters.
- Landscape watering or water for the purpose of growth of lawns, shrubs, trees or edible crops
- Swimming Pool filling / refilling with no bathrooms attached
- Hose bibs for wash downs of vehicles, boats , or pressure cleaning purposes
- Docks with no bathrooms attached
- Ornamental fountains
- Ice machines
I agree to pay the current fees due for this irrigation meter.
I understand that the plumbing connected to this meter must meet Section 608.16.5 of Florida Plumbing Code, including the installation of a Pressure Vacuum Breaker (PVB) or
Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) as necessary. Most situations will require a PVB.
Meters will remain locked until plumbing connected to the meter meets code.
- AVBs must be installed 6” above downstream piping and outlets, and no control valves are allowed downstream of (after) the AVB.
- PVBs must be installed 12” above downstream piping.
Please consult a licensed plumbing contractor if you have any questions about the required device.
In the event of any change of use for this meter from an irrigation meter to any other purpose, the FKAA must be notified.
For more information, please see our brochure, Cross Connection Control for Residential Irrigation Systems